Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine is a group of psychiatrists in Augusta County, VA specializing in the treatment of mood and thought disorders, major depression, PTSD, Bipolar disorder, and Schizophrenia.
Many of us experience stress at some point or another in our lives. Others may live in a constant state of stress or anxiety. Either way, stress and anxiety are heavy burdens for anyone to bear. Fortunately, there are things you can do to help relieve your stress. The non-profit organization Ditch the Label has compiled a list of 101 ways to do just that. Here are a few of their suggestions:
- Try coloring. Adult coloring books have become extremely popular over the last several years. The appeal of them is that they remind of us of our childhood while also helping us to relax and take our minds off of the stress of life.
- A natural and sweet way to help manage your stress is by eating a spoonful of honey. Honey is shown to have elements that reduce inflammation in the brain and improve your mood.
- Hug someone. The act of hugging has been shown to release endorphins, which will give you an instant pick-me-up. Cuddling with your pets has the same positive effects on your mood as hugging a human. So, whether it’s a puppy or a pal, just hug it out!
- Organize a room in your home or your desk at work. Removing clutter from an area you normally use can help to relieve stress and make you feel more productive and calm.
- Light a candle or some incense for some relaxing aromatherapy that can help you to calm down and relax.
- If you find stress coming on, start humming your favorite song. Humming is shown to slow down your heart rate, which will help to relieve your feelings of building stress and anxiety. It also helps to relax the muscles in your face, neck, and shoulders.
For psychiatrists who are here to help you manage your stress and anxiety, come to visit us at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine in Augusta County, VA.