Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine is a group of psychiatrists in Augusta County, VA specializing in the treatment of mood and thought disorders, major depression, PTSD, Bipolar disorder, and Schizophrenia. The psychiatrists at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine are passionate about creating a program of care that’s the perfect fit for you. That’s why we offer comprehensive care to all of our patients through group therapy, single therapy, or cognitive behavioral therapy.
There’s no denying that exercise carries a wide range of physical benefits, but did you know that it’s great for your mental health as well? Exercise has both short and long-term benefits for your mental health. Here are some of them:
- Exercise has an almost immediate effect on your mood. In fact, within 5 minutes of beginning exercise, people can experience a boost in their mood.
- Regular exercise can alleviate the effects of long-term depression and anxiety.
- Exercise is a great way to channel any stress that you’re feeling in your life.
- Sticking to an exercise routine can improve your self-esteem, not only because of the physical changes exercise will create in your body, but also from the sense of accomplishment for setting exercise goals and accomplishing them.
- Exercise can help regulate your sleep patterns, helping you to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.
- Exercise can increase your overall energy levels, making it easier and less stressful to get through your daily routine.
Overall, exercise is a great way to improve both your physical and your mental health. Talk with a medical health professional about what exercise routine is best for you before you get started.
For psychiatrists in the Augusta County, VA area, give us a call at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine.