Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine is a group of psychiatrists in Augusta County, VA specializing in the treatment of mood and thought disorders, major depression, PTSD, Bipolar disorder, and Schizophrenia. The psychiatrists at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine are passionate about creating a program of care that’s the perfect fit for you. That’s why we offer comprehensive care to all of our patients through group therapy, single therapy, or cognitive behavioral therapy.
Depression affects different people differently.Depression can affect you differently depending on your age, gender, and a number of other factors. There are also a number of types of depression, such as postpartum depression and persistent depressive disorder. That means that there are a number of symptoms of depression and not everyone will have all of them.
If you feel that you may be dealing with depression, give a mental health professional call today.
Here are some of the more common signs of depression, according to the National Institute of Mental Health:
- Feelings of restlessness, helplessness, guilt, hopelessness, or persistent sadness
- Changes in your sleep patterns, whether that’s difficulty sleeping or excessive fatigue
- Unexplained body aches or digestive issues
- Loss of interest in day-to-day activities
- Lack of energy and/or motivation
- Changes in appetite, weight, or eating habits
- Thoughts of suicide and/or death
If you experience any of these symptoms and are concerned that you might be dealing with depression, call a medical professional to set up an appointment. There are a number of options to help you cope with depression, and one of the psychiatrists at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine can help you determine what approach will be the most beneficial for you.