Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine is a group of psychiatrists in Augusta County, VA who care about your mental health and well-being. Our team is dedicated to comprehensive treatment that provides unparalleled care for mood disorders and related psychological problems. From creating cognitive behavioral therapy plans to individual counseling— we can give you the tools you need to unlock your future.
Many who experience mental health can feel lonely and isolated. Strong friendships cannot only help to combat those feelings, they can also prevent them from occurring in the first place. According to Mayo Clinic, friendships can:
- “Increase your sense of belonging and purpose
- Boost your happiness and reduce your stress
- Improve your self-confidence and self-worth
- Help you cope with traumas, such as divorce, serious illness, job loss or the death of a loved one
- Encourage you to change or avoid unhealthy lifestyle habits, such as excessive drinking or lack of exercise”
Not only do friendshps carry these mental health benefits, they can also reduce the risk for physical health issues like obesity and high blood pressure.
While it can be intimidating to start new friendships as an adult, it is worthwhile for both your mental and physical well-being. You can meet new friends by volunteering, taking new classes, joining a faith community, or even going to the gym. The plus side of this is that not only will you meet new people, but you will be engaging in a fun activity that will boost your mood. It’s a win-win situation!
If you are feeling lonely, isolated, or depressed, come to see us at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine in Augusta County, VA.