Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine is a group of psychiatrists in Augusta County, VA specializing in the treatment of mood and thought disorders, major depression, PTSD, Bipolar disorder, and Schizophrenia. The psychiatrists at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine are passionate about creating a program of care that’s the perfect fit for you. That’s why we offer comprehensive care to all of our patients through group therapy, single therapy, or cognitive behavioral therapy.
If you want to improve both your physical and mental health, one of the best things you can do is to get at least 8 hours of solid, consistent, sound sleep each night. However, that’s often easier said than done. With our hectic schedules, insomnia, and just life in general, we often don’t get the sleep that we need. Here are some tips to help you get the sleep you need:
- Turn off all electronics at least 30 minutes before bed.
- Reading before bed is a great way to relax and unwind.
- Invest in a good mattress and pillows to make sleep comfortable.
- Don’t drink caffeine after the mid-afternoon.
- Avoid late night snacks and alcohol.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day.
- Create a routine and go to bed at the same time each night.
Instilling these habits in your life will help you to fall asleep faster and sleep sounder throughout the night.
In case you need more convincing about the importance of a good night’s sleep, here are some of the benefits:
- Consistent quality sleep helps boost your immune system.
- Sleep helps relieve stress and can improve your mood.
- A healthy sleep schedule can help prevent weight gain.
- Sleep can help improve your memory.
These are just a few of the many positive benefits of sleeping well. Do your mind and body a favor and sleep well!
For psychiatrists in the Augusta County, VA area, give us a call at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine today.