Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine is a group of psychiatrists in Augusta County, VA specializing in the treatment of mood and thought disorders, major depression, PTSD, Bipolar disorder, and Schizophrenia. The psychiatrists at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine are passionate about creating a program of care that’s the perfect fit for you. That’s why we offer comprehensive care to all of our patients through group therapy, single therapy, or cognitive behavioral therapy.
Today is the day of love, and who better to love than yourself? Oftentimes, it’s easier to love others than it is to love ourselves, because we’re often our own worst critic. However, it’s so important to love and value yourself, because you’re the only you that you’ve got! So, here are some ideas to help you spend some quality alone time and learn to love yourself and enjoy your own company:
- Start a gratitude journal (or blog) to document the things that you’re thankful for each day. This will help you to pause and take note of all of the good things in your life that bring you joy.
- Create a list of affirmations and post them around your house, in your car, or anywhere that you can regularly see them.
- Be sure to put self-care at the forefront in your life. Whether that means creating an exercise routine or taking intentional time to meditate, find something that brings you peace and joy and be intentional about doing it regularly.
- Take yourself on a date. Many people cringe at the idea of going to dinner or a movie along, but why? There’s no better way to get comfortable in your own skin than to take yourself out on a date.
- Pick up a new hobby that brings you both a sense of accomplishment and a sense of relaxation. Whether that’s doing puzzles or paintings, find something that you enjoy doing in your free time.
- Create a playlist of your favorite songs and spend the day relaxing on the couch and listening to your favorite tunes.
While it’s important to do things like the above activities, remember it’s also helpful to speak with a mental health professional to learn more about loving yourself. Call today to set up an appointment with the psychiatrists at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine in Augusta County, VA.