Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine is a group of psychiatrists in Augusta County, VA specializing in the treatment of mood and thought disorders, major depression, PTSD, Bipolar disorder, and Schizophrenia. The psychiatrists at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine are passionate about creating a program of care that’s the perfect fit for you. That’s why we offer comprehensive care to all of our patients through group therapy, single therapy, or cognitive behavioral therapy.
Meditation is a practice centered around mindfulness and one that has both physical and mental health benefits. If you’re interested in meditation, here are some helpful tips for beginners from mindful.org:
- Before you begin a meditation session, find a comfortable and quiet space. Sit down in this spot and begin to focus on your breathing and only your breathing.
- With practice, you will be able to spend longer periods of time in meditation. At first, your mind may wander from your breathing to the worries and thoughts of everyday life. That’s totally okay and normal.
- Meditation allows you to take a break from the stress of our daily lives. With regular practice, meditation can help to reduce your stress levels and improve your focus.
- It’s helpful to set a time limit for your meditation session, especially if you are just starting out. Begin with a time of 2-5 minutes and extend the time as you become more comfortable with meditation.
- There are a number of meditation practices, such as body scan, walking, and loving-kindness meditation. For more information on these types of meditation, visit mindful.org.
If you’re looking to make your mental wellbeing a priority, give us a call at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine today in Augusta County, VA.