Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine is a group of psychiatrists in Augusta County, VA specializing in the treatment of mood and thought disorders, major depression, PTSD, Bipolar disorder, and Schizophrenia.
Suffering from mood and thought disorders, major depression, or anxiety can feel insurmountable. We’re the comprehensive outpatient therapy in Augusta County, VA you need to move forward. We do that by providing unparalleled treatment for mood disorders and related psychological problems.
Here is some helpful information about mood disorders from Johns Hopkins Medicine:
- Mood disorders is a term used to describe a broad class of depression and bipolar disorders.
- The most common type of mood disorders include major depression, dysthymia, bipolar disorder, and mood disorders that are triggered by illness or substance use.
- Mood disorders are most likely caused by an imbalance of chemicals in the brain. However, they can also be brought on by significant life events.
- Symptoms of mood disorders can include an ongoing sad mood, low self-esteem, loss of interest, decreased energy, and changes in appetite or weight.
- Mood disorders can often be successfully treated with therapy, medication, self-care, and support from friends and family.
If you feel that you are experiencing any mental health obstacles, contact us at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine in Augusta County, VA, where we’re ready to help you conquer this!