Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine is a group of psychiatrists in Augusta County, VA specializing in the treatment of mood and thought disorders, major depression, PTSD, Bipolar disorder, and Schizophrenia. The psychiatrists at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine are passionate about creating a program of care that’s the perfect fit for you. That’s why we offer comprehensive care to all of our patients through group therapy, single therapy, or cognitive behavioral therapy.
Getting rest is important to both your physical and mental health. If you don’t get quality sleep each night, it can affect your health, but on the other hand, health issues can impact the quality of your sleep. Aside from a good night’s sleep, it’s also important to find ways to rest, relax, and unwind during the day.
So, first we’d like to share some tips to help improve your nightly sleep:
- Avoid caffeine past the early afternoon.
- Turn off technology about an hour before bed. Instead, try reading a book before you go to sleep.
- Invest in a quality mattress that is suited for your sleeping needs.
- Exercise regularly to improve your sleep.
- Create a routine and try to go to bed around the same time each night.
Now, we’d like to share some tips to help you rest and relax throughout the day:
- Take 5 minutes out of your day to meditate or practice breathing exercises.
- Limit your time on your phone.
- Find a hobby that you enjoy.
- Take a nap on the weekends.
- Don’t forget to take time out for vacation, even if it’s a stay-cation.
Allow your body and your mind time to rest and renew. Make sleep and rest a priority in your life.
For psychiatrists in Augusta County, VA, give us a call at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine.