Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine is a group of psychiatrists in Augusta County, VA specializing in the treatment of mood and thought disorders, major depression, PTSD, Bipolar disorder, and Schizophrenia. The psychiatrists at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine are passionate about creating a program of care that’s the perfect fit for you. That’s why we offer comprehensive care to all of our patients through group therapy, single therapy, or cognitive behavioral therapy.
Listening to, creating, and performing music all carry a number of benefits for your mental health. Here are some of them:
- Studies have shown that listening to music can reduce feelings of stress.
- Listening to music before bed can help you to fall asleep quicker.
- Some studies suggest that music can help reduce feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Positive, upbeat music can improve your mood and increase feelings of motivation.
- Creating and performing music can be used as a creative outlet and a safe way to express and explore complicated emotions and past traumas.
- Activities like learning to play an instrument, playing in a band, or singing in a choir, can help to create feelings of community and combat feelings of isolation and loneliness.
If you’re looking for a hobby that can have a positive impact on your mental health, then pick up an instrument or turn on the radio.
For experienced and compassionate psychiatrists in the Augusta County, VA area, give us a call at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine.