Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine is a group of psychiatrists in Augusta County, VA specializing in the treatment of mood and thought disorders, major depression, PTSD, Bipolar disorder, and Schizophrenia. The psychiatrists at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine are passionate about creating a program of care that’s the perfect fit for you. That’s why we offer comprehensive care to all of our patients through group therapy, single therapy, or cognitive behavioral therapy.
Summer is almost here, the kids are getting out of school, and the weather is getting warmer. Now is the time of year that many people take a vacation. In the US, we take work seriously, but we often forget to take vacation just as seriously. It is important to allow ourselves time to rest and relax from time to time.
Here are just some of the many benefits of taking a vacation:
- Vacation is good for your mental health, as it can help to alleviate feelings of stress.
- Vacation is good for your physical health, as it can allow you to get much needed rest.
- Vacation can help you refocus and be more productive when you return to work.
- Vacation can help you avoid burnout at work.
- Vacation can allow you time to bond with your loved ones.
- If you go on vacation somewhere sunny, you can soak up the benefits of vitamin D (just be sure to wear sunscreen while you do it).
- You can learn about new cultures when you go on vacation to new places.
Vacations can be as extravagant or as simple as you want them to be. Even if you don’t plan on going anywhere, you should still take a vacation, or rather a stay-cation, to allow yourself to unwind from the everyday stresses of life. Take some time off from work, lounge out in your backyard with a good book, take as many naps as you want, and go for a walk around the neighborhood.
While working is essential for many of us, it’s also important to allow yourself time to rest and recuperate. So, don’t skip out on the vacation this year!
For psychiatrists in the Augusta County, VA area, give us a call at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine.