Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine is a group of psychiatrists in Augusta County, VA specializing in the treatment of mood and thought disorders, major depression, PTSD, Bipolar disorder, and Schizophrenia. The psychiatrists at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine are passionate about creating a program of care that’s the perfect fit for you. That’s why we offer comprehensive care to all of our patients through group therapy, single therapy, or cognitive behavioral therapy.
Exercise in general is great for both your mental and physical health. Yoga in particular is especially useful for helping you to unwind and focus on creating peace and mindfulness in your life. Here are some of the many benefits of yoga:
- Yoga is a great way to relax, especially before bedtime. In fact, studies show that a regular bedtime yoga routine can help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.
- The slow movements and focused breathing that yoga requires can help you to manage stress and cope with anxiety.
- The endorphins from exercise can help you to have more energy and be in a better mood.
- Attending yoga classes with others can help create new friendships and build a supportive community.
- Yoga can help alleviate chronic pain like carpal tunnel and back pain.
- Yoga can help improve your breathing as well as improve your heart health.
- Yoga can help improve flexibility and build strength.
- Yoga can be practiced almost anywhere: in a studio, the park, your home, on vacation, via Zoom.
These are just a few of the many mental and physical health benefits that come from regularly practicing yoga. If you’re looking for a new exercise routine to benefit both your body and your mind, then yoga could be the perfect option for you.
For psychiatrists who care about your well-being, give us a call at Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine in Augusta County, VA.