Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine is a group of psychiatrists in Augusta County, VA specializing in the treatment of mood and thought disorders, major depression, PTSD, Bipolar disorder, and Schizophrenia.
Suffering from mood and thought disorders, major depression, or anxiety can feel insurmountable. We’re the comprehensive outpatient therapy in Augusta County, VA you need to move forward. We do that by providing unparalleled treatment for mood disorders and related psychological problems.
Here is some helpful information about thought disorders from Dr. Valerie J. Samuel of PENT:
- According to Dr. Valerie J. Samuel, “Thought Disorders are psychiatric illnesses that involve serious problems with thinking, feelings, and behavior.”
- Thought disorder is a common characteristic of schizophrenia and psychosis.
- “The symptoms of Thought Disorders can include false belief about self or others, paranoia; hearing or seeing things that others don’t see; extremely disconnected speech or thinking; feelings that don’t match the situation; social isolation; being unable to function at home, or school; odd behavior; excessive concerns about one’s body or very disorganized behavior.”
- Treatment for thought disorders includes medication, therapy, as well as life skills training.
- Any person showing symptoms of a thought disorder should be seen by a mental health professional as soon as possible.
Whether you are seeking treatment for a thought or a mood disorder, or any other mental health concern, Shenandoah Psychiatric Medicine in Augusta County, VA is here to help you.